one of India's largest private sector banks establish a secure wireless network. This let customers interact with point-of-sales terminals easily, increasing retail money transactions and making the bank a Ready Business.
- One of India's largest private sector banks, with $100 billion worth of assets, 24 million customers catered to through 1,399 branches and 4,485 ATMs wanted an increase of 15% in retail money transactions.
- The task was to change the wired Point of Sale (PoS) over which customers made credit / debit card purchases.
- With wired PoS, our customer's expansion was fraught with obstacles.
- Some of the problems we envisaged were high operation and maintenance costs, unavailability of wired-line mediums at the locations of intended deployment of PoS terminals and static location bound deployments.
- Vodafone connected the PoS terminals and the bank's data centres over a robust and secure wireless GPRS network through an exclusive Access Point Name (APN) configured on the bank SIM.
- This APN was used by Enterprise GPRS/EDGE devices to access the correct Enterprise connectivity. It was then configured to allocated IP Addresses to the Enterprise group of mobile EDGE/GPRS users.
- The solution ensured end-to-end security for mobile GPRS users.
- This cost-effective, secure and robust solution not only revolutionised the bank's existing PoS terminals but also led to exponential growth.
- Today the bank has an expansive network of 6,000 wireless PoS and counting.
So, let's make you a Ready Business too.
Call 1800-123-123-123 or request a call back.Click here