one of the world's largest confectionary companies, which has 70% market share in the chocolate segment, with its solutions. This linked the company to its 55,000 cocoa farmers, thus letting it produce more with greater efficiency, making it a Ready Business.
- The confectionary company needed to establish direct communication with its cocoa farmers instead of doing it via agents.
- Agents collected information of the ready-for-sale cocoa and passed it on to the sourcing team of the company. This was part of a backward integration programme that would help reduce the high lead time in sourcing and procuring the cocoa. All this in a manner that would make the farmers comfortable.
- With a fundamental insight that farmers are more comfortable talking to someone rather than access messaging, Vodafone devised its solution in the form of a voice portal.
- Each farmer was identified with a unique code (the mobile number). They were required to call into the company's toll free number to indicate the quantity and date of availability of his produce.
- The farmer was comfortable with the format since the voice that greeted him was in his own language. This information was collated and provided to the logistics team to aid in planning their collection routes.
- The team was also given an online interface to view all the logs sent by farmers across India.
- An easy-to-use online interface gave the company all the farmers' information, like name, address, area manager, etc.
- Critical cocoa produce data was now easily available at the company's fingertips.
- Vodafone sweetened the profits – not only of their confectionery client, but also their 55,000 cocoa farmers.
So, let's make you a Ready Business too.
Call 1800-123-123-123 or request a call back.