Escorts Agri Machinery is one of the pioneers of farm mechanisation in India. They have in the last seven decades, committed themselves to enhancing India’s agricultural productivity and add value to the farmer’s life.
They were looking at new ways to engage with their customers and ensure maximum uptime of their tractors.
- Escorts wanted to engage more closely with their end customers – farmers
- They wanted to build on their after-sales relationships with farmers
- To gain better insights on their tractors and customers, they were open to adopting new technology
- Vodafone deployed a solution to connect the tractors. Leveraging the Managed IoT Connectivity Service Platform, they allowed the customer to remotely monitor the health of tractors and reach out to farmers with important alerts or updates for maintenance, uptime etc.
- Vodafone Location Tracker was provided to help locate and monitor tractors in rural areas
- A point-to-point voice solution was also enabled with the tractor to facilitate calls between the service team at Escorts and farmers
- With Vodafone’s scale and nationwide coverage, Escorts is able to fully manage the solution from a single platform
- Escorts could actively engage with farmers even after the sale of tractors giving them a first mover advantage
- Not only did they have complete visibility of sold tractors, but they were also able to open up a new avenue for after-sales revenue
- Staying connected to the end customers, they were able to supply genuine spares at the right time to ensure longer life of tractors
- The Managed IoT Connectivity Service Platform gave Escorts control over the deployed IoT SIMs and real-time view of customer data usage and billing
The future is exciting. Ready?
To find out how you can use our solutions to transform your business,
1800-123-123-123 or request a call back.
To know more about how IoT will impact the Automotive industry, download the latest IoT Barometer Report 2017-18 by filling the form below: