How to switch to Vodafone prepaid from other mobile networks
Not happy with your current telecom service provider? If you’re looking for higher data speeds, uninterrupted network coverage, and superior browsing experience, your search ends here. Switch to the Vodafone network in just 2 days without the need of changing your existing number.
The process of switching from one service provider to another without having to change your current number is called Mobile Number Portability or MNP. Switching from one service provider to another now is much faster and more convenient as TRAI- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has revised the MNP rules structure to make subscribers’ lives easier.
The new rules are in the best interests of both the telecom operators and subscribers, providing freedom of choice to all the subscribers. With its implementation subscribers now hold complete authority to switch to a network of their choice, whenever they want and in the least possible time frame.
Read on below to understand the step-step procedure to port your number to the Vodafone:
New MNP Rules & Process
· Switching to the Vodafone network is easy and hassle-free
· It officially takes only 2 days to port from your current operator to the Vodafone network
· If you switch today, then your current number will be deactivated, and your new number will be activated from midnight the next day
· Your current prepaid account balance will not be valid or carried forward to your new Vodafone prepaid account
· After sending an MNP request, you will receive a UPC (Unique Porting Code) from Vodafone on your existing number almost immediately (5 min)
· To receive a UPC, you’ll need to SMS PORT <your 10-digit mobile number> to 1900
· The UPC is valid for 4 days. A fresh UPC can be received again after 4 days
· To complete your MNP process, you will need to submit Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Identity or your Aadhaar Card
Once your Prepaid MNP request is processed, you will receive your new Vodafone SIM card.
How to port (MNP) to a Vodafone prepaid?
· Enter your details such as name, email address, mobile number and delivery pin code
· Select an option for your number (either a new number or an existing one)
· Enter your delivery address details
· Set a delivery date
· Enter a coupon code sent to your existing mobile number
· Press the ‘Pay Now’ button
· Enter your payment details after selecting a payment mode
· Make a payment
· Check your new Vodafone prepaid account is recharged
Things to note:
· It takes 2-4 hours for your SIM to be activated under the Vodafone network
· The subscriber should have used the current network for a minimum of 90 days
· Numbers can be ported only within the same service area
· Subscribers should not hold any dues with their current service provider
· MNP is not sub judice to any court of law
· Porting your number to Vodafone is free of charge