How to Activate International Roaming Service on Vodafone Postpaid
Tell us where you are headed and we will make sure you enjoy the journey as much as the destination. There’s nothing better than staying connected with those back home while travelling abroad.
Vodafone offers some of the best IR packs at pocket-friendly roaming rates, which provide a pleasant roaming experience in 208 countries around the globe. Popular i-RoamFREE packs are available at your fingertips for you to enjoy unlimited calls plus data.
Steps to activate IR on Vodafone Postpaid on web
Step 1: Go to Discover >> International roaming page on our website
Step 2: Enter your 10-digit Vodafone Postpaid mobile number, choose the country of travel and the number of travel days.
Step 3: Click on Submit
Step 4: Select the preferred International Roaming pack from the options and activate
Alternate methods to activate IR on Vodafone Postpaid
Method 1: Through MyVodafone App
Step 1: Download MyVodafone App using Google Play
Step 2: Sign in using your 10-digit mobile number
Step 3: Navigate to the main menu >> Roaming >> International Roaming
Step 4: Select the country of destination
Step 5: Choose a relevant IR pack.
Method 2: Dial 199 from your Vodafone number
Method 3: SMS ACT IR to the tollfree number 199
Few important things to note
• To get an IR pack, IR service activation is mandatory
• All pack activations will be based on Indian Standard Time (IST)
• IR service activation requires 30 minutes post SMS
• IR deposit can be either paid online or at a nearby Vodafone Store
• TAT for payment updation is maximum of 24 hours
Gone are the days when one used to buy local SIM cards after reaching the destination. No other way of economically staying connected on your travels. Activate IR on your Vodafone Postpaid mobile number today!
Manual Network Selection (If you are unable to select IR
• Check if your device is set up to automatically select a network. If you can’t make calls or access data on the network that is automatically selected by your phone, try manually selecting a network.
• Check that your device isn’t in airplane or flight mode.
• Select Vodafone Services from the SIM menu
• Select International Roaming.> Allow SIM action?> Select Yes
Your phone will restart and select the international network manually