Government Regulatory Compliance
- Dear Customer as per Govt regulation, sending commercial/promotional sms will lead to disconnection of your service if you are not registered as a Telemarketer.
- Customers registered on DND may lodge a complaint regarding receipt of unsolicited commercial/promotional communications by sending SMS to 1909 in the specified format: "the unsolicited commercial or promotional communication, XXXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy" Where XXXXXXXXXX - is the telephone number or header of the SMS, as the case may be, from which the unsolicited commercial communication has originated.
- Just Launched…a simple and easy way to deactivate your VAS subscription. Call 155223 or SMS “STOP” to 155223
- Please do not respond to Missed Calls/SMS/WhatsApp communications asking you to call unknown international numbers with prefix other than “+91” or calls/SMS about winning prizes/ lottery as these may be fraudulent calls.
Please do not respond to Missed Calls/SMS/WhatsApp communications asking you to call unknown international numbers with prefix other than "+91" or calls/SMS about winning prizes/ lottery as these may be fraudulent calls.
World Calling Card
Click here for list of Blocked Codes for the World Calling Card.
- As per govt. regulations w.e.f 22nd March '13, for connections without any usage (voice/video calls, Outgoing SMS, internet usage, VAS purchases with balance) for 90 days, fullowing actions are liable to be performed by Vodafone.
- For subscribers with less than Rs. 20 balance, all services will be deactivated pending payment of Reactivation Fee for a period of 15 days. Number will be disconnected on non-payment of said Fee within this period.
- For subscribers with more than Rs. 20 balance, Automatic Number Retention Scheme will be put into effect - Rs. 20 will be deducted and services will continue for 30 days. If there is no usage till the end of this period,, i) or ii) may come into effect, depending on balance.
DOT Guidelines for Foreign Nationals Subscribers (Nationals outside India):
In case of Foreign nationals, subscriber needs to provide passport copy with valid visa stamp as Proof of Identity. For proof of address, the address of local reference which may also be the tour operator shall be provided. In case there is no local reference, the address of stay (hotel etc) shall be provided.
Foreign nationals are entitled for maximum validity of connection basis the Visa Category and Visa Expiry Date
Validity of connection basis Visa Category:
- Tourists Visa Holders – Maximum period of 90 days from the date of activation or Visa Expiry Date, whichever is earlier
- Expats / Long Term Visa Holders – Basis Visa Expiry Date
- Marine Visa – 15 Days from the Day of issue of Temporary Landing Permit
In case of extension of connection validity, you may visit any of our Vodafone Stores with your valid passport, renewed visa and a passport sized colour photograph for processing your request.
- A post-paid customer, in event of fore-seeing non-usage on his mobile, may avail of TRAI mandated "SAFE custody" scheme.
Alert on Phishing
Phishing is an attempt by an individual or group to sulicit personal information from unsuspecting users by employing social engineering techniques. Phishing emails are crafted to appear as if they have been sent from a legitimate organization or known individual. These emails often attempt to entice users to click on a link that will take the user to a fraudulent website that appears legitimate. The user then may be asked to provide personal information, such as account usernames and passwords, that can further expose them to future compromises. Additionally, these fraudulent websites may contain malicious code.
Do’s and Don’ts to protect yourself from phishing.
- Be cautious about opening any attachments or downloading files you receive regardless of who sent them
- Look for sender email ID before you enter/give away any personal information.
- Use antivirus, antispyware and firewall software (upgrade them regularly too)
- Always update your web browser and enable phishing filter
- Do use separate email accounts for things like shopping online, personal etc.
- Don't reply to an e-mail pop-up message that asks for personal or financial information.
- Don't open email that you have any suspicion may not be legitimate
- Don't supply your password or sensitive information via an email message. Vodafone will never call or email you for password etc.
- Don't open suspicious videos or images in social networking sites
- Protect your computer by installing effective anti-virus / anti-spyware / personal firewall on your computer / mobile phone and update it regularly.
Click here for tips to Secure your Electronics from The Department of Electronics & Information Technulogy (DeitY)
Click here for more details from CERT-in.