Diabetacare devices, backed by Vodafone IoT, enable efficient diabetes management by keeping patients monitored and informed.
- Traditional diabetes treatments require patients to stick to a rolling regime of medication and monitoring.
- This demands strict discipline from patients as well as regular doctor visits that cost time and money.
- Diabetacare, a UK-Indian start-up, was testing a new glucometer device requiring real-time data connectivity
- With Vodafone’s special IoT SIM, the Diabetacare solution was able to monitor patients’ glucose & blood pressure levels and send this data to doctors & experts
- This enabled personalised treatment, supported by periodic face-to-face visits at the nearest clinic
- Diabetacare could launch the world’s first remote diabetes treatment and prevention solution, creating first-mover advantage
- It provided a real-time view of customer data usage, billing and SIM control from a single global platform
- The Single Global SIM allowed the business to plan for an international expansion supported by findings from the local pilot